Interplex's chemical metal etching
process has developed many new and innovative applications, including automotive screens, speaker meshes, interconnects, etched filters and oil filtration
and medical metal components
The company's proprietary reel-to-reel chemical metal etching technology creates etched precision metal components with very close tolerances and a high level of repeatability and consistency.
*Metal Etching guidelines may vary by design.
- Minimum Feature Size: 1.2x Material Thickness
- Minimum Thickness: 0.0008" (0.0203 mm)
- Feature Tolerance: 10% of Material Thickness
- Maximum Thickness: 0.0200" (0.508 mm)
- Maximum Part Width: 8" (203 mm) wide
- Maximum Part Length: 1500' (457 meters) long
Chemical Metal Etching - What are the benefits?
- Tight Tolerance - Continuous reel-to-reel chemical etching has the ability to hold very tight tolerances for small feature sizes with a very high degree of repeatability and consistency.
- Increased Repeatability - Reel-to-reel chemical etching significantly reduces the total cost of quality, especially in high reliability applications.
- Improved Time-to-Market - Photo etched parts are produced using photo masks which reduces tooling and production costs, while improving time to market.
- Burr Free - With metal etching,including panel etching, customers can design burr-free, precision metal components with ultra fine pitches, intricate shapes and 3-D feature profiles, unavailable using traditional metal stamping processes.