Interplex Etch Logic
was established following the acquisition of the continuous photo etching division of Texas Instruments, considered by many to be the world's leading reel-to-reel photo etcher. Located in Attleboro Massachusetts, Interplex Etch Logic has developed many new and innovative photo-chemically etched applications for automotive, telecom, connector, filtration and medical components. The company's proprietary reel-to-reel photo etching technology creates etched precision metal components with very close tolerances and a high level of repeatability and consistency, outperforming competing technologies such as panel etching.
BENEFITS OF CONTINUOUS REEL-TO-REEL PHOTO ETCHING:
- Continuous reel-to-reel photo etching has the ability to hold very tight tolerances for small feature sizes with a very high degree of repeatability and consistency.
- The increased repeatability and consistency of photo etching significantly reduces the total cost of quality, especially in high reliability applications.
- Customers can design burr-free, precision metal components with ultra fine pitches, intricate shapes and 3-D feature profiles, unavailable using traditional metal stamping processes.
- Photo etched parts can be produced in a high volume environment, using photo masks which reduces tooling and production costs, while improving time to market.
- Reel-to-reel photo etched parts can be presented to other automated manufacturing processes such as forming, plating, insert molding and assembly on a reel, further reducing total manufacturing costs.